Too Cool for School

9.12.2006

My room is a mess and I don't care!

If you walk inside, you'll see my duvet cover, lying half-strewn across the ironing board. A pile of naked pillows is stacked on my ottoman. There are unidentified, possibly important papers on top of my computer desk (along with my old, usurped computer and my already-paid bills. I can't find my favorite lipstick. It's 8:53, which means one thing: it's my bedtime. Boy, am I glad to have a roommate, but I sometimes hate that she's right about the fact that I'm not getting enough sleep. So I'm about to go to bed. Am I tired? Probably. But it's really hard for me to admit that. This morning at school I was on lunchroom duty when a couple of 8th grade boys decided they would like to fight. Where does anyone get the energy to start a fight in the cafeteria at 7 am? Sheesh! I threw my diminuitive self in front of one of them, a normally good-natured but very large student of mine. I tried holding him back. He weighs over 300 pounds. The boy he was "fighting" was taunting him with comments that my student was too fat to fight right. It took me and several other students to hold the boys apart. After what seemed like an eternity, a male teacher came in and took the threatening student to the office. My student followed, livid. No punches were thrown. Later, the teacher came and told me I shouldn't have tried to hold them back, and that I shouldn't put myself in any danger. I'm just wondering how I could do that? I guess I'm just one of those people who tries to jump in the big middle of things. Sometimes that's right, sometimes it's not. The day wore on, and my sleep deprivation was causing me troubles. I kept stuttering while giving directions during class. Kim, you're right. I need to go to bed now. Stalling is what I'm doing! Shee!

1 comment(s):

Thats so sad. Kids are so cruel. It makes me sad to look back and see how much nicer I should have been. I am glad you are ok and didn't get hurt.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes