Too Cool for School

8.17.2006

I'm Not Afraid

Tonight, I passed out schedules to the sixth graders. It was a special night at our school, when the kids could come and try out their locker combinations, find all of their classes,and meet some of their teachers. I realized that they are much more afraid of me than I am of them. They're eleven! Some of them haven't lost all of their baby teeth. They've never used a locker before, and our school is a confusing maze of up and down-only staircases and identical hallways. Even I can't find the teacher's lounge most of the time. I don't blame them for being afraid. Helping them deal with their fears causes me to forget my own fear that junior high kids will be too rowdy and immature for me to deal with. Right now, they look like innocents. Of course, they are not totally innocent.





My classroom will soon be permeated with the smell of Axe body spray.




There will be nose-picking...


Doodling in class...

And it's been proven that adolescents often have the same type of emotional responses as an adults who are mentally ill.**

But I LIKE CRAZY!!

that's how I roll.

*Something they told us in teacher inservice.

3 comment(s):

Sweet "Liger" pic! A few of my friends are teachers as well.

"The most important thing to know about me is that I'm not finished yet." I like that, we're all works in progress!

By Blogger Chad Oneil Myers, at 10:17 PM  

I noticed you like "Hitchcock", his movies are great! Old movies do rule!

By Blogger Chad Oneil Myers, at 10:21 PM  

I love Axe. It smells yummy.

By Blogger Chris Chappotin, at 11:51 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes