Too Cool for School

2.12.2006

No dip for me, thanks.

My Dad has always been my valentine. He's been giving me a box of chocolates every year since I was four years old. When I was sixteen he sent me a rose at school and wrote, "Love, Leonardo" on the card because I was in love with Leonardo DiCaprio at the time. My sophomore year in college my chocolates got lost in the mail (Actually, stuck in the ACU post office!) and I didn't get them until Easter! We've recently switched to Sugar Free chocolates since Mom has diabetes now. Still, he's a sweet Dad and he always remembers. Nothing can compare.

Speaking of valentines, I know you've been following this case like you follow Grey's Anatomy --you have to know--you just can't stand it anymore! Well, I've decided to tell you about my crush. You know, the one I wanted to know how to flirt with. What ever became of it? Well, as it turns out, he has a girlfriend, AND, he chews vast amounts of Copenhagen.

So there you have it. I'm glad I'm not good at flirtation. He might have offered me a dip!





Gross.

Let's change the subject, shall we? Here's a good verse that convicted me to reexamine what I thought love is:

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."

1 John 3:16-18


To me, little pink hearts and teddy bears are such a squalid representation of something so incredibly huge as love. Laying down your life for someone? Valentine's hearts should be printed in army-camo. I heard once that the color of love is not pink or blue or pastel green, it's brown, because love means digging into the dirty, messsy stuff of life to rescue someone.
I'm not always willing to do that, but that's what God's trying to create in me everyday.

Happy Valentine's Day!! And remember: tobacco kills.

--Heather

6 comment(s):

i guess me and love have a lot in common.....but can it be brown sugar?...is that love?...and sorry about your crush being a dipper..that's just gross.

By Blogger Brown Sugar, at 1:14 PM  

Ohh, goodness. Never thought of it that way. If you say so, Adam. "Love is Brown Sugar".

By Blogger Heather, at 9:01 PM  

Your dad's so cute! That's one of that sweetest things that a dad can do for his daughter.

By Blogger Malaysian Debster, at 4:22 PM  

Isn't it crazy how those little crushes can be crushed the second you find out information like that? I remember this one time I met this guy that I found incredibly intriguing. Not too long after I found out that he's been divorced for ten years and has teenaged kids. Now, I can get over the divorce and kids thing if it's the right guy and the right situation (I think), but then I realized that he was wayyyyyyyyyy older than me. He sure looked more my age. Oh well...it wasn't meant to be. I am sure us single girls have a ton of stories like yours and mine. Maybe single guys have them too. Who knows.

By Blogger Iris, at 9:34 PM  

The most prevalent and easily avoidable type of cancer is the one caused by the use of tobacco. This includes the use of cigarettes, cigars and pipes. Even though smokers are addicted to nicotine, the fact that 200,000 people die every year due to smoking caused cancer should be enough motivation to quit. Some experts say that cessation of smoking can increase lifespan by up to 20 years. http://www.chantixhome.com/

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 AM  



An emergency dentist is a highly trained professional who can respond quickly to dental emergencies in an immediate fashion.
A dentist with an emergency response program is able to provide immediate care and treatment of a wide range of dental problems.
This includes root canal therapy, filling crowns and bridges, gum reshaping, root canal treatment, extractions, orthodontic braces, and even surgery. Your family doctor or general dentist can provide routine preventative care and guidance, but they cannot guarantee that your teeth will not suffer from inevitable problems such as tooth decay and cavities.
emergency dentist near me

By Blogger Martin Lee, at 6:46 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes