Too Cool for School

2.07.2006

February 28th!!!

You must be asking yourself, "What's February 28th?" No! It's not your dentist's appointment, it's the day they release Pride and Prejudice on home video! It's a great book, and the A&E miniseries with Colin Firth was my absolute favorite. Just when I thought, "No one can outdo Colin Firth", I saw the new version. I was wrong.

These are my top ten reasons for loving P & P, and in no particular order:

10. Lizzie's Mom saying to a man, "Jane is practically engaged, but I think you'll find Elizabeth to be a very agreeable alternative!"
9. Lizzie's messed up hair and muddy outfits. The girl doesn't care what anybody thinks and that's what makes her cool.
8. The way they insult each other horribly and are completely civil about it.
7. Judi Dench and Donald Sutherland are both in it.
6. I love costumes, and this movie has interesting ones.
5. Just like in any good movie, the one kiss at the end that means way more than a hundred steamy love scenes in other movies.
4. British accents.
3. Mr. Collins is such a funny character. The boy has no skills.
2. I like that the relationship in this movie is about changing your mind about someone that you've misjudged and disliked.
1. I saw it in the theatre with Elasha and she's a fun girl!

Lizzie: I hate you, Mr. Darcy!

Darcy: Oh yeah? Well you're a dirty poor girl!"

6 months later....

Darcy: I'm not so bad once you get to know me.

Lizzie: Ok, if you say so. Kiss me!

2 comment(s):

Heather: So what are my chances of becoming a screenwriter?

Lindsey: I'd say like...one in a billion.

Heather: So you're saying there's a chance!

By Blogger Heather, at 6:29 PM  

I agree whole-heartedly with number 1!!!

By Blogger Elasha, at 5:15 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes