Too Cool for School

1.01.2006

School...tomorrow!

This is a picture of my sister, Susan, and her daughter Lindy. They are just two of the lovely people I got to spend time with over my two-week haitus from teaching. (Also known as Christmas Break.) Don't you think my sister looks like Meredith Viera from The View?

Now, everyone who isn't a teacher sometimes gets jealous because teachers not only get a Christmas break, but a three month break at summer. But I actually spent almost every hour thinking about school. Not on purpose. But whenever I see a teenager walk by with a shopping bag, I think about those giggly girls in my TAKS class who talk about Hollister all the time. Hollister! It was Abercrombie when I was in school, and Doc Martens. Am I ever glad that Doc Martens aren't popular anymore! I remember people wearing them with skirts. Ewww! I'm surprised they never came out with flip-flops.

I'm going to write more later. But for tonight, I really need to get some rest. I've got a full day of those li'l darlings tomorrow. Can't wait to see them and give 'em my mean face! Can't wait to take up their new ipods and cell phones and keep them in my desk! Can't wait to see what color the other teachers have dyed their hair. Most of all, I can't wait to go to musical rehearsal and see who forgot to memorize!

Oh! You guys need to come see our show! It's my high school directing debut. We don't know what we're charging yet. It's going to be a dessert theatre.

The dates are: January 26 - 28, 2006, 7 pm. Call or e-mail for more info.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes