Too Cool for School

12.15.2005

Flirtation Devices

Up until Sunday evening, when I revealed that I had a "crush", I have been quite careful never to reveal any personal details of my love life. That wall has crumbled.

But not in the way that you'd like.

I will not reveal his name, how I know him, or what he does for a living. Well...maybe not never, but not now. It's just wrong. But I can tell you this: You probably don't know him, and he lives in the same town as me.

The problem is that I don't get to be around him much and when I am around him, it's always small talk, "How are you?" and I always say, "Fine". I sometimes ask him about his...job...and he asks me about mine and I say, "Oh, it's good" in my sweetest voice.

Then he leaves to go back to his...uhhh...office. (It's sort of an office.)

Get this--I actually asked some high school students for advice! They said I should flirt with him or he'll never know that I like him. But unfortunately I have a real issue with flirting, I guess because when you flirt you sacricfice some level of friendship and professionality with that person. And if they don't reciprocate, that person starts avoiding you and it's just uncomfortable and not even worth it. In the past, my flirting plan-of-action was as follows:

1) Say Hi and ask how the guy is doing.
2) Punch him in the arm
3) Wait for him to ask me out.

You MUST try this routine. It's created countless love connections at our school.

But how should I flirt but still show him that I respect him? My stance is that I'm not going to be the pursuer.

Truly, if Jesus comes back, he will explain this all to me. He will say, "Heather, you shouldn't worry about these things. I always avoided flirtation as well."

And this concludes,
"Everything you never wanted to know about Heather, volume 1"

7 comment(s):

I'm dying to know more! Hehe...I miss that whole part of flirting, back in the days....of course, being married is lots more fun too!

Will you be back in Dallas sometime soon?

By Blogger Malaysian Debster, at 6:10 PM  

I'll be in Dallas...Monday thru Friday of next week.

By Blogger Heather, at 10:38 PM  

Come on, Debbie! I see the way you flirt with Josue- give Heather some tips, girl!!

By Blogger The Future, at 9:53 AM  

Yeah. The amount of women who must've been after Josue was probably staggering. How'd you do it?

By Blogger Heather, at 7:02 PM  

Your solo rocked the mic. Thanks so much for being such a blessing. You have to do it again! BTW, Merry Christmas!

By Blogger Chris Chappotin, at 2:11 AM  

Hey chica!! When are we going to go to another movie??? Are you back in town yet? I am ready for another post from you!!! Lemme know yo! :)

By Blogger Elasha, at 9:44 AM  

Heidi,
Maybe I'd tell you. But just you! And not online.

By Blogger Heather, at 10:01 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes