Too Cool for School

11.27.2005

For Annette

I'm blogging again because I found out that Annette reads my blog. Annette's the coolest! She said that she's going to bring me lunch at school this week and we're going to eat in the teacher's lounge and listen to all the gossip. Oh, you want to know what kind of gossip? Well, I can't tell you too much because I'd get fired. But here's a sampling of recent topics:

1.Yogurt: It seems all the ladies who lunch have heard the commercials that eating yogurt will help you burn fat. So what I'd always considered a breakfast food has now become everyone's lunch. I brought a little container of yogurt (lemon...because it doesn't have smushed fruit in it!) but I can't bring myself to eat it for lunch. So by now, it may have gone bad.

Can yogurt go bad? Isn't it like...milk gone bad? How do they tell yogurt not to become cottage cheese or sour cream?

2. Weight Watchers: Where there are adult women, there are women who long to feel better about themselves than they already do. I have learned to keep my mouth shut during these discussions. I didn't choose to be born with a hard-working metabolism, and if I were overweight, I'd probably diet too. But I'd quit eating sugar. That's much healthier than not eating much, or just eating yogurt.

3. Big Ol' Televisions: One of the teachers' husbands got himself the mother of all television sets and now they're closing in their garage to make a special "place" for his 2,000 inch flatscreen.

4. Cursing: We all decided that it is our guilty pleasure to hear little kids say curse words. We agree that this is very wrong, but can't help but laugh when a little one unknowingly says, "Damn" ....or better yet, the F-bomb!

5. Bad classroom experiences: I won't divulge any. All I have to say is, you've got to vent sometimes, and you usually want to get loads of sympathy. Perfect audience? Other teachers.

6. Our kids and grandkids: I've thought about pretending I have kids so I'll have something to say. What do you think I should name my pretend kid? What about "Arliss"?

Things we DON'T discuss in the teacher's lounge: (Not sure why)

1. Clothes
2. Tv shows
3. Personal problems
4. Recipes
5. The latest hairstyles


This is great, huh? I've just given you an inside track into the exciting life of a teacher!

So let me ask you: What do they talk about at your lounge? Wait...don't tell me....Yogurt!

1 comment(s):

SWEET! I love it. I am so glad we are friends. You are the sweetest person ever. What a blessing it is to have you in the classroom!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes