Too Cool for School

1.07.2006

Overstimulated

I think it's time that I tell you that I might not be living here this time next year. My school district has decided that cuts are in order, that is, they need to save money and they want to cut teachers. And I'm at the top of the list. I'll state the obvious and get it out of the way: {HERE I HAD TO DELETE SOME OF WHAT I'M SAYING BECAUSE IT SAID SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MY PLACE OF WORK} But the way I see it is that if they don't cut me, that means they cut somebody else, and I don't see any subject in this school where there are too many teachers. We're all working very hard and have classes filled to the brim. It might as well be me, right?
The fact is, God has always taken care of me and he always will. No question. I just wanted to share with you what I've known for almost two months now. If you didn't already know, well, now you do.

I get so confused lately when I'm at work. I see so many kids everyday that I get overstimulated. Sometimes I get asked so many questions in a day that by the end of the day I don't know which way is up. It's always good when I can think straight. Today was a good day for making theatre. Today we had rehearsal from 8 until noon, and it was fun. I could think straight. The actors in the show I'm directing call me, "The Monster". Why? I'm not scary. Also today, we had a work call. For you non-thespians, that means, "Come to school on a Saturday". Usually, work calls leave me exhausted, but today, my co-teacher was with us all day. She helped me understand some things about theatrical lighting that I never knew before, like that you could put lights on the floor behind the cyclorama. A cyclorama (cyc) is a big white drop that we hang behind the set and project lights and images onto it...sorta like a big movie screen. But we're putting lights behind it instead. What does it loook like? Well, you'll just have to come to our show to find out! Yes, all in all it was a good day, even though I fell off a chair and twisted my ankle, dropped a wooden pylon on my big toe, and got hit in the teeth by a wrench as it fell off a ten-foot ladder. My teeth really are very resilient.

The show dates are January 26 - 28, 7 pm. You really oughta come. It would be a great date show, but kid-friendly, too.

2 comment(s):

I am sad to hear that you might be leaving. I hope everything turns out well. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers and that it was nice to see you last night at church!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

hooray!

By Blogger Heather, at 10:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes