Too Cool for School

9.19.2006

Let me be wrong

Do you ever wonder why, when we're most wrong, most off-base about something, that we fight for it even more? Or at least, that's my habit. I know that when I get upset about something, tired, sick, or hurt that I'm probably going to perceive everything through those eyes. Try being upset, tired, sick, and hurt all in the same week. It's irrationality at its best. But even though I'm dead wrong, I still expect people to listen to what I have to say? Am I alone in this?

I have to admit that a big problem for me this week is that I've been upset about my father. He hasn't been feeling well, and the doctors don't know why. They've discovered it isn't his heart, but in the meantime, they're just taking stabs in the dark, giving him various blood pressure medications and telling him to keep going. It's just a mix of feelings for me, because he's probably going to be fine. But he's 83. One day I will have to be without him in my life. Everyone has to face this at some time or another. It's part of life. I can't be angry or upset really, because he's 83. Think of how healthy he is, or has been for so long. I'll always be grateful for that.

And school is just hard right now. Hard, hard, hard! SO worth it though. Like every one of God's gifts.

Maybe blogging is a very impersonal way to share stuff. But it's easier to write it than say to a big room of people, "Hey guys, I'm really afraid my Dad is sick."

Thanks for...listening.

1 comment(s):

Thank you so much for coming on Sunday. It was awesome seeing you. I will be in prayer for your dad.

By Blogger Chris Chappotin, at 12:35 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes