Too Cool for School

2.20.2006

Skipping School

Naughty girl that I am, I've decided to play hooky from school tomorrow. In truth, I had planned on going to Abilene to see my ACU buddies and NOT sing song. However, I didn't finish my pedagogy test until 4:00 and didn't feel like driving on ice for three hours. Now I'm skipping just to skip. My students deserve the substitute teacher they are unknowingly going to walk in on tomorrow morning. I wish I had bugged my classroom. This substitute, we'll call her "Betty" is a pistol. She writes up at least ten students a day. (I don't write up that many in a month.) If any student talks, she threatens to send them to dentention. She comes complete with evil stare. Heh heh. Like the kids book, Miss Nelson is Missing, my students will soon have a new appreciation for my way of doing things.

My friends from Skillman church in Dallas are really into International soccer, and they went to a game this afternoon--that's right--outside in the rain and cold and sleet. I'm anxious to know how they fared. I'm going to make the following prediction:
Everyone wrapped up in about eight thermal blankets and six sleeping bags. Melissa tried to study in between amazing plays, which happened often. Zach called Josue a girly-man when Josue complained that his toes were getting numb. Adam poured hot coffee on himself to keep warm which helped, but only for a short length of time. Renee got hot and just wore a t-shirt. Then, America won with a score of 2 - 1. Everyone piled in their cars and drove to Starbucks, where the Guatamalan soccer team was trying to warm up. Debbie got all of their autographs, but then decided to sell them on E-bay, much to the disappointment of everyone. Someone was heard saying, "Debbie, all you care about is the bottom line." Debbie sold the autographs for thousands of dollars and took everyone out to a big fancy steakhouse. All was forgiven, and the crew decided to let Debbie handle all of their finances from then on.

THE END

2 comment(s):

You're a NUT! Hehe...loved the short story though, very creative one. We survived! (Hmm...I should blog about our experience) Sadly for me and Renee, Guatemala lost BAD: 4-0.
I wish all of us could skip school, or rather, work, whenever.

By Blogger Malaysian Debster, at 10:15 AM  

i did not spill any coffee...but i did get pulled over for speeding..just a block away from the church

By Blogger Brown Sugar, at 10:30 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes