Too Cool for School

6.05.2006

So Long, Burleson

Hi guys. I'm about to unhook my computer and pack it up. Tomorrow I'll be moving back to Dallas for a temporary stay at my parents' house, then to my new apartment on the 17th. I'd like to do a small comparison of life at my parents' house compared to life at my apartment:

Mom and Dad's House:
Eats: No sugar, no trans fat, and no frivolous tastiness. Still better than my cooking.
Internet: Dial-up slowness, rarely worth it. User may forget what he or she was doing on the computer in the first place.
Computers: 3, count them, three computers, each with amazing Spider Solitaire capability.
Activities: Daddy does crossword puzzles, Mom watches the French open (tennis) and makes alphabet puppets to donate to the church. Giant exercise balls in the living room which double as Ottomans in front of the tv.
Bedtime: Between the 10 o'clock news and David Letterman.

Moving: I can't describe exactly how I feel about all of this. It's a mixture of anticipation, frustration, fear, and hope. My Mom's efforts to make my apartment squeaky-clean before I move out have irked me. Now, why wouldn't I want my Mom to help me out? That's just the tip of the iceberg of the weirdness of my feelings. Don't you sometimes think that emotions are a burden? I find myself swimming in them, like a soap opera queen, and I wonder what good they do. However, without them we'd all be channeling Keanu Reeves. Boring! Ask me about Keanu Reeves's acting. I'll give you an earful. Hmph.

Ok, I guess it's time to go unplugged. For those of you that I'm leaving behind, I am going to have to see you again...soon. It's not goodbye. Not today.

2 comment(s):

Keanu Reeves is the reason acting was invented. Blog about that!

By Blogger The Future, at 9:53 AM  

heather,
we never did get together for dinner or something!!! so we will have to do that whenever you are in town next! i really don't think an hour on sundays is that long of a commute:)
you and all of the amazing things waiting for you are in my prayers!! -rachel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes