Too Cool for School

5.01.2006

Death by Neti Pot

I've gone and gotten myself a mid-spring sinus infection.

On channel 8 news they reported about a new invention called a Neti Pot. A neti pot is an irrigation system for your sinuses in which you pour salt water in one nostril and it comes out the other nostril, as seen in the picture below. Unable to find a Neti Pot at my local pharmacy, I decided to make my own Neti Pot. After all, it's just a watering can for your face. I mixed up some salt water--very strong--and began pouring it down my left nostril. But nothing came out the other side. And then...
Misery of life! It felt like my skull was on fire! It was like being stung by a jellyfish in the face and then drowing in the ocean! Still nothing came out the other nostril. I drank a lot of water, blew my nose, pain, pain, pain!

How can people do this everyday? One website describes it thus:


"People practice Neti on a daily basis to help keep their sinuses clean and to make their breathing easier and more free. Once they try it, most people find Neti to be a soothing and pleasant experience."

Everyday? Soothing? Pleasant! That's like saying you will enjoy stabbing yourself in the arm with a butter knife everyday to cure eczema. Someday, you may become desperate and use a Neti Pot. When you do, I want to be there to take your picture.

4 comment(s):

Heather, you're nuts!!!! :)

By Blogger Malaysian Debster, at 11:54 PM  

You wear contacts, Jackson! Solution?
Plus, what if I discover a miracle cure?

By Blogger Heather, at 7:24 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

By Blogger JS Grame-Smith , at 1:16 AM  

I tryed the neti pot. once forgot salt. yes it sting. with out the salt. had sinus problem. till i started useing neti pot. no more sinus problem. need good sterial water. warm . not cold. not tap. clean water. salt pkgs. there amount. till head side by side. not backwards. after finish .lean forward.to drain any water that mine still be in passage.

By Blogger Livelifetoday, at 9:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes