Too Cool for School

4.01.2006

Just Bleachy


Plumbing. You never think about it until it goes on strike. I live in an apartment, so who knows what my neighbors have flushed, but my toilet runneth over. That was alarming, as I did nothing to make it run over. Hey! I'd admit it if I'd thrown a bag of trash into the toilet and tried to flush it. I did no such thing. Whatever. Anyway, it's about 11:30, I've been to dance class, and I take a shower. While I am in the shower, I notice that there is a steady stream of water coming out of the commode, covering my floor as far as the eye can see. I step out into it, freezing cold, and about an inch deep. I try mopping it. No. Wiping it up with towels? No. Finally I am scooping it up and pouring it into the bathtub. I'm not old enough to have a set of 15-year-old ugly towels. I use the only towel I have that I don't mind sopping up toilet water with: The Butt/Face towel. The towel was a birthday gift from Cole and Lindy, and it's designed so that you won't mistakenly use the same side of the towel to wipe your face and your butt. Now, said towel is hanging off of my balcony to dry. Imagine my neighbors looking out to see a towel with the word "Butt" embroidered on one side. I put the face-side out. I mopped my floor with bleach yesterday. It's sad knowing that in order to clean something, you've got to murder thousands of your own brain cells. But I guess that's the price you pay for sanitary living conditions. Now my toilet is fixed, thanks to Richard, the maintenance guy. Or he says it's fixed. We'll see what comes up.

Today I went to a job fair for Keller ISD. There's an opening at Keller Fossil Ridge, I found out. Meanwhile, their fine arts representatives told me I should consider teaching middle school. I can learn to love all people with the exception of middle school kids. They're either asleep or they're bouncing off the walls, and their love affairs are more rocky than Days of Our Lives. But I have this feeling, down deep, that I'll find myself at a middle school next year. I'm sure I can learn to love them...but it's on my list of unlikely things, along with attending the University of Texas and my Mom getting a tattoo.

1 comment(s):

Yes but...arrgh! This goes right back to my Jonah blog entry a few days ago.

I just think that someone else might be better with them than me. We all have our areas of talent, right?

By Blogger Heather, at 8:07 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes