Too Cool for School

4.09.2006

Schizophrenic Sunday

I don't think that I woke up as myself today. Last night after I got in (very late) and wrote the confusing blog below which I'll later explain, I took a shower, went to bed, and planned nothing but sleep and church for today. But this morning, instead, of myself, I was my sister. My body cried, "Get out of bed! Go running!" I don't run anymore...I used to, but dance is my exercise of choice. I rolled over, wanting to sleep even though I wasn't tired. Then my Mom's voice popped into my head. The idea that I needed to change the sheets suddenly seemed like a novel idea. "Noooo!" the other part of me raged. Alas, I couldn't go back to sleep! (Just like Kim Perkins!)
My hair, of course, was frightful because I slept on it wet. But at some point as I was getting ready to go out later in the day, Renee took over and sa, "You don't need makeup! Just go!" So I got dressed and walked out the door, no idea where I was going to go. This was indeed strange.
After driving to the big Burleson strip mall I went to Pier One, and spent about 30 minutes looking very closely at everything, taking it all in. Ok, that's me. I like to look at all of it. But for once it didn't bother me that I couldn't buy anything. That's like my Mom.
Next, I went to Michael's. Good. I actually need something there. Thirty minutes later, I walked out with two canvasas, a new set of paintbrushes and some acrylic paint. Who am I? Lindsey Jackson has taken over my body now. I even bought the kind of paints that Lindsey buys. I'll tell you what I'm painting later. I haven't painted since third grade, when I took lessons from my Aunt Marie and I realized that every creature I drew looked like it had a flesh-eating cancer.
I Hadn't eaten yet, so I put some chicken in my grill. But instead of my usual food, I made my own pasta sauce from scratch, and cooked the chicken with pineapple. (Yum!) This is very much like Lindsey, because I'm just not that into cooking.
What the heck! I've loved this day, but honestly, I think I'd still be in bed if I hadn't woken up with multiple personality disorder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh! An explanation of what I wrote earlier. Yes, you guessed right. My school didn't cut my position. Unless something drastic happens to the district's money, I've got a job. But I might be teaching speech OR teach half a day at the junior high. I've decided I'd make the sacrifice to teach at the junior high...but speech? Throw up! I think I'd rather teach TAKS remediation.

It's something I'm going to have to pray about...a lot. Thanks for your prayers. Thanks to to everyone who stood by me in the frustration of not knowing my future for so long. It looks like I still don't know, but that's what makes life exciting, isn't it?

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

2 comment(s):

You never wanted to make a big craft in the middle of the living room floor and be me? JK! Love you too, come see me!

By Blogger Allison, at 8:41 AM  

I thought about that! I'm definitely making it in the middle of the floor so I can watch tv at the same time! When are we camping and going tubing?

By Blogger Heather, at 4:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes