Too Cool for School

10.01.2005

That's ridic!

Life goes by so fast. Just think about how many seasons of Friends you watched! And before that, the Cosby show. Did you watch all of those seasons? You know the Cosby show is on Nick at Nite now. Do you know what "Emo" means? Me neither. Pretty soon we'll be on the fast track to oldsville.
Kim and I just got home from Lauren's wedding in Houston. (Yes, that's right. Hurricane Rita didn't destroy the chapel where she was getting married!) Never have I seen a more flawless wedding, relatively speaking of course. Nobody threw up, gave birth, split their dress, lost the rings, or punched the best man's lights out. All in all, it was a lovely experience, actually a lot of fun for everybody and not just the Bride's mother. (As is often the case because of long and boring slide shows.) I was so happy for them. And it was also great just to spend some time with my old friends and see how much we'd changed. Which brings me to ask anyone who reads this: Is it a good thing to want to be taken seriously? Because despite how silly I act, I always want to be taken seriously. I mean, who wants their thoughts and comments to be thought of as a joke...well...except when they are a joke. Ever been in the company of a person who takes everything you say seriously, never catching the humor you try to inject? That's no fun, is it? So which is better--to be taken seriously or not?
I think people take me seriously. Do you take me seriously? Wait--don't answer that!
The reason I bring it up is because I said something to my friend Kim on the way to Houston...something happened that caused me to declare, "That's ridic!" (You know, the word "ridiculous" shortened is "ridic". It's like slang that didn't catch on except with people like me who want their students to think they're cool.) Anyway, I said, "Oops! I said Ridic! How are you ever going to take me seriously when I say stuff like that!" And Kim said, "Why are you trying to make me take you seriously? Does it matter?"
I don't know! But until this mystery is solved, I'll keep using words like "ridic".
Peace out.

3 comment(s):

Heather~You only need to be taken seriously when you're being serious. That's what we love about you! You know how to lighten the mood as well as give practical advice! We love you just the way you are! (I told you I love your blog!!!!)

By Blogger Allison, at 1:04 PM  

Allison,
Your blog is just a decoy! How could you do this to me when I want to hear all about your life and passing out debit cards to hurrican victims! Please reconsider your role in the blogosphere!

By Blogger Heather, at 1:36 AM  

check out www.groups.myspace.com/ridicaphikappa. for more ridicness. it is so sweet it is redic.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes