Too Cool for School

9.09.2005

Big Girls Don't Cry

I need to write, because if I don’t, I’m going to drive everyone around me crazy with my constant venting. They must think that nothing ever goes well for me. Well, it does. It’s just that so much of what I do everyday is hard. Ok, so everyone’s life is hard. I found out last night that my brother Chris’s schedule is much worse than mine ever hoped to be. He gets up at 4 am and drives 30 miles to work in a powder blue Honda Civic hatchback, which he bought to save money on gas. (What does driving a hatchback do to a cowboy like him?) He often doesn’t get home until about 7 or 8 o’clock at night. Could be later, depending on the work schedule. When he does get home, he can’t take a shower because their town (in rural New Mexico) is on a water table, which means there are only two times a day you can get water, and the rest of the day it’s turned off. Neither of those times is while he’s at home, so he bathes from a bucket. He says he can clean up with about 2 gallons of water, easy. He wasn’t complaining; he likes his job. I’d be finding another job! He says he might try to drill a well, but he needs the tools. So that’s my prayer tonight; that my brother, who works so hard, could find a way to get more water. Not just for himself, but to bless his neighbors as well. I think that would add a lot of sunshine to everyone’s lives out there. Wouldn’t make his job easier, but he would feel really proud of that, I know he would. My brother likes to help people. And who doesn’t? That makes me think of school again…Oh, school. My head begins to pound. I cried at school twice today: Once in dance class when everything seemed to go bad, and the second time after my technical theatre class when I yelled at a student. I hate yelling. They hate yelling even more. It’s really a bad choice. But sometimes, it’s the only card in my deck.

1 comment(s):

Hi,

I whish I was 23... :-)
/Lennart

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes