Too Cool for School

8.27.2005

Spit wads and Homework

Sometimes all you need is a little sleep and to eat your vegetables.
Did I tell you I made a kid lick a spit wad off of the whiteboard today? I did. That shows my maturity as a teacher, I’m sure. I should have sent the kid to the office immediately, but instead I laughed about the spit wad that landed and stuck five inches from my head as I was explaining the lesson today. Come to find out, there were dozens of spitwads all over my classroom and I was totally oblivious to their launches. There are two very wicked wads, for instance, on my ceiling, each about an inch in diameter. Can you imagine? So I had Martin lick the spitwad off the whiteboard. The kids thought I really was having a great time, and then I punished the whole class for not fessing up to the two big ones on the ceiling. Well, I may be immature. But I’m not stupid. A little peer pressure goes a long way. We’ll see how many of them actually did their homework tonight. Plus, they have a quiz tomorrow. Sometimes I hate being responsible for other people’s human development.

After Note: Only two of them actually did their homework. The rest got zero’s. Don't tell anyone, because I was supposed to send them to Friday Night Lights: a misery of afterschool detention cleverly packaged with a fun-sounding name.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes